Saturday, January 16, 2010

Organizing Like Mad


Just when I thought my life couldn't get any crazier, it has.  Naturally, my body's response to this was to shut me down for about forty eight hours, huddled under every comforter in the house shivering with fever.  I feel better now--weak, but better.  So now, I have to get myself ultra-organized if I'm going to survive the next few weeks.

My writing schedule is heavy already.  It's been suddenly made heavier, however.  I have no more time to play.  My five hour writing blocks are not only sancrosanct, but scheduled almost to the number of how many words I need to crank out during those times.  My editing schedule is, fortunately, well under control.  I've got my writers' books spaced out well at the moment and I'm ahead of schedule.  The ultimate fly in the ointment, however, is going to be the books of mine that will be going into edits soon.  I can't permit myself to get so caught up in those that my schedule suffers.

And all of this is because of why, you may ask?

Let's just say that Aspen Mountain Press will be making a big announcement soon and after that announcement, every bit of spare time I have will be sucked up like a dust bunny into a Hoover.

I'm excited; I'm worried; I'm chomping at the bit. I've always said I like to be busy and that's the God-honest truth. Hopefully, I'm up to the challenge. We'll find out soon, I suppose. So for now, I'll get my boxes and drawers and shelves and paper completely organized and spend the remainder of my evening writing.  After all, it is my first love.

And oh--by the way. I've had a very interesting thing happen.  The Ameican Editor blog has had some very good things to say about me in the past few weeks, especially this new post that came out this week.  I'm flabbergasted and flattered and ridiculously terrified all at once.  Go check it out if you have a mind to.

Then come back and tell me if I should send this kind gentleman a fruit basket or some chocolates.

No comments: