My Christmas Wishes
My Christmas wishes this year are simple.
1. I wish that I could make it through just one holiday without someone in my family creating a bullshit situation in order to get attention.
2. I wish that I could have just one holiday where I wasn't pissed off at someone within the two weeks immediately preceding or following Christmas.
3. Considering the last few years, I wish I could hav eone holiday where there wasn't some odd and/or frightening health situation ongoing during the season.
4. I wish that I could have one holiday where everyone around me was happy.
5. I wish that I could have one holiday out in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, with just my husband and myself and no stress.
6. I wish that just once, I could cook Christmas dinner for everyone and finally have a meal that I could enjoy every aspect of. I think I'll volunteer to do that this year just to be different.
7. I wish that I could have a Christmas that was so wonderful it would make up for all those Christmases with my family that I missed while I was on the road in the theatre.
8. I wish that one that one perfect Christmas, it didn't involve me doing more acting that the Christmases I spent onstage performing in strange cities for strangers.
9. I wish that being together was more important that the presents.
10. And finally, I wish that all of my dear, dear friends never have to write a post like this because of a situation created by one of their hysterically mean-spirited relatives deciding to ruin the holidays early this year.
Merry Christmas and bah humbug.