Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Someone stop the world, please

Jesus. Has it really been that long? Yep, it has. I haven't written a WORD in three weeks. Naturally, that will change today, but for the moment it's kind of....refreshing.

Refreshed is a good word to use here. Today, I WANT to write. Oh sure, I was able to jot down some stuff while sitting in the ICU waiting room for endless days on end.

Ideas, mostly; a few snippets of conversation or character sketches. I amused myself one day for hours and developed a whole new world to play with---no characters yet, but I'm working on it. Or at least, I will....if I can ever get caught up with my edits.

*pauses for semi-hysterical laughter*

Yeah. Like that will happen. I'll never get caught up. Never. Yes, I realize that is negative. I thrive on negativity. It goads me. Leave me alone; I'll never change.

So anyway, I'm back. Spidey 3 is out (no I haven't seen it. do you think I have time for a movie?) and Pirates will be out soon and we're only a couple of months away from the last Harry Potter book. I've got my schedule cleared (barring any more family emergencies) and I'm getting ready to really settle into a hefty writing stretch. Then we'll see what happens.

Of course, it would be a lot easier if someone stopped the world and let my life catch up.

1 comment:

Daniel Ausema said...

Good to have you back! Best of luck with all the writing and edits and everything else.