Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Promo, Promo, Promo

Yo ho ho and a bottle of promo (yeah the pirate talk was deliberate; I haven't had a chance to see Captain Jack Sparrow yet, me maties) as Celina bounces down the winding trail of not having any promotion done yet. This promotional thing is a huge boil on my butt. First off, there seem to be a LOT of scam artists out there who pop up everytime I google *new book promotion* or *fantasy novel publicity*. Quite annoying. Let me give me my perspective on those people:

A) If I wanted to PAY someone to do this, I would.

B) If I PAID someone to do this, then THEY would do it -- not me.

C) If your "proven program" works so damn well, then why do I have to do all the work and why don't I know your name?

Vultures.

So I have to make up my own way. Pfffffffffft. I started out by updating ye olde blog. Like it? I'm getting a bit better at the flash movie thing, so I thought I'd regurgitate more of my work for you. Now it's on to the websites. Oh yippie.

(Yes, this is just another way to avoid doing more edits. I am sooooooooooooooo lazy---and horrified by a plot snag I hadn't discovered before the editor did. Holy shit.)

In the process of all of this work, I found time to do some website and blog hopping. I love that part of it. You'll notice some new links--check them out. They are definitely Celina-tried and Celina-tested.

I wonder if this press release crap actually works? Hmm. Might have to try that.

I read on Smart Bitches yesterday that Nora Roberts is getting a bobblehead at a baseball game next month. How cool is that? Can you imagine? Celina bobbleheads?

*snort!*

My bobblehead would be used for target practice at bars all over the world. Go ahead: chuck a cashew at me.

Oh well, I guess I'll get back to website work and then on to some more *groan* edits. Enjoy the trailer, guys. More new stuff on the way. Oh! And before I forget! Tomorrow is Sierra Dafoe's birthday! Happy birthday! Check out her site at www.sierradafoe.com.

3 comments:

B. A. Barnett said...

Not to create more work for you, but... :p

Your trailer isn't playing nicely with Firefox--the top and far right side of it gets cut off. Works fine in Internet Exploder though.

*runs off to snicker about Celina bobbleheads*

mscelina said...

grrrrrrrrrrr. damnit. thanks for the more work wakeup call. I use IE so I forget about things like freaking Firefox.

well, poot.

Sierra said...

LOL!! It's endles. Heya Cel! Thank you -- it was a crazy-ass party, wasn't it? I'm still hung over!